I’m visiting Dallas in a few weeks, do you have any suggestions for things to do and places to see while I’m there? I get this question a lot; so I’ve put together a list of 5 places that make Dallas the city that it is!
- Klyde Warren Park Take an afternoon and explore Klyde Warren Park! The park stretches 5.2 acres on top of Woodall Rogers Freeway. It’s located around Dallas’ Uptown, Downtown and Art districts. The park offers several events throughout the year; such as live music, fitness events, a dog park, several dining options including food trucks, and areas to just relax.
- AT&T Stadium (a.k.a Cowboys Stadium, a.k.a Jerry’s World) As you may know Dallas is home to the Dallas Cowboys! Their stadium is located in Arlington, Texas just 30 min West of the heart of Dallas. It’s the 4th largest stadium in the world and seats 85,000 people. I’ve taken a tour here and attended a game it was an unforgettable experience! See the field, suites, and even the players locker room. Tours are available for as little as $17.50, visit their site for more deals.
- Uptown, Addison, and Lower Greenville Want to check out Dallas’ night life? These are three of my favorite spots for a night out, all offer plenty of bars and dining options. If you love to sing along to your favorite songs check out Pete’s Dueling Piano Bar in Addison then get some breakfast at Cafe Brazil next door. For a house party feel with friends and games check out The Quarter bar in Uptown. Or visit lower Greenville and have a nice dinner at Hg Sply Co!
- Reunion Tower I loved going here when I was a kid! Reunion Tower slowly rotates 360° for a view of Downtown Dallas. Have a light lunch at the Cloud Nine Cafe or a fancy dinner at Five Sixty by Wolfgang Puck! Then make your way up to the Geo-Deck to get a more interactive experience of the view.
- Bishop Arts District There is also the Bishop Arts District located in North Oak Cliff, it’s filled with independent boutiques, unique restaurants, bars, and several coffee shops. Not to mention all the different events and festivals that take place right in this area. I recommend having lunch here then strolling around to the different shops and soaking in all that Texas has to offer.